Installing PrestaShop can be difficult and tiresome if you are not a developer or system integrator. There is a faster and easier way such that in few mins or secs (If you can type fast 🙂 ), you can install PrestaShop and begin to run stores in the cloud or via self-hosting.
Let’s get started with the process, this one click PrestaShop installation process is made available to all CloudHost Web Hosting customers for free when they buy any web hosting plan. After you register on CloudHost , to access this one click install functionality follow the below steps.
Below are the simple steps to get PrestaShop installed immediately:
- Login to your cPanel account through CloudHost. Click here to view how to access cPanel through CloudHost clientarea.
- In your cPanel account scroll down and click on Softaculous Apps Installer.
- Click on the PrestaShop app/Logo.
- Navigate to install and configure the software and site.
- Setup your software by choosing a preferred protocol to secure your website; Choose a version you want to install; Select a domain name to install the software and provide a directory that is relative to your domain(E.g. To install at http://mydomain/dir/ just type dir). To install only http://mydomain/ leave the space empty:
- Configure your site setting by providing your store name and the admin folder.
- Update your admin account by providing your admin email, password(Please use very strong passwords for higher security), first and last names:
- In the advanced section, select your preferred choice for your site: like automated backup, backup location and the number of rotations you want your files (based on available space) to be backed up (NOTE: You must have a backup file if you are to check “Auto Upgrade” to prevent automatic upgrade from causing compatibility issue. 🙁
- And lastly provide the email in which your installation details will be sent to and click install. And…. That it!!
You can see that with just one click, your PrestaShop is setup and you can start creating online stores.
You can login to your PrestaShop admin by clicking the admin link shown after installation for more configurations. A very simple process to install PrestaShop without being a geek or needing the help a developer. You can do this yourself easily following this above guide
CloudHost is the most reliable and supportive Shared Webhosting, VPS, Dedicated Server and Domain name registration Service provider, we provide you with various affordable Web & Email hosting solutions to power your applications, websites, Solutions and business. We offer Free Migration services and our servers are always up 24/7/365. Get Started with CloudHost Today!!
PrestaShop is an immensely feature-rich, free, open-source e-commerce solution which you can use to run stores in the cloud or via self-hosting. It’s currently used by 250,000 shops worldwide and is available in 65 different languages. PrestaShop guides users through your product catalog intelligently and effortlessly, turning intrigued visitors into paying customers.