Installing Geeklog can be difficult and tiresome if you are not a developer or system integrator. This process has been made very easy such that in few mins or secs (If you can type fast 🙂 ), you can install Geeklog and begin managing dynamic web content.
Let’s get started with the process, this one click Geeklog installation process is made available to all CloudHost Web Hosting customers for free when they buy any web hosting plan. After you register on CloudHost , to access this one click install functionality follow the below steps.
Below are the simple steps to get Geeklog installed immediately:
- Login to your CloudHost Client Area.
- Enter your Login details:
- In your Client Area, click on Services:
- Click on your active web hosting plan:
- By the left click on Login to cPanel:
- In your cPanel account scroll down and click on Softaculous Apps Installer.
- Click on the Geeklog app/Logo.
- Navigate to install and configure the software and site.
- Setup your software by choosing a preferred protocol to secure your website, a domain name to install the software and provide a directory that is relative to your domain (E.g. To install at http://mydomain/dir/ just type dir). To install only http://mydomain/ leave the space empty:
- Configure your site setting by updating your site name and the site description.
- Update your admin account by providing your admin username, password(Please use very strong passwords for higher security), no-reply email and an admin email:
- Choose your preferred language:
- In the advanced section, select your preferred choice for your site: like automated backup, backup location, auto-upgrade of themes and plugins (NOTE: You must have a backup file if you are to check “Auto Upgrade” to prevent automatic upgrade from causing compatibility issue. 🙁
- Lastly, provide the email in which your installation details will be sent to and click install. And…. That it!!
You can see that with just one click, your Geeklog is setup and you can start managing dynamic web content.
You can login to your Geeklog admin by clicking the admin link shown after installation for more configurations. A very simple process to install Geeklog without being a geek or needing the help a developer.
CloudHost is the most reliable and supportive Shared Webhosting, VPS, Dedicated Server and Domain name registration Service provider, we provide you with various affordable Web & Email hosting solutions to power your applications, websites, Solutions and business. We offer Free Migration services and our servers are always up 24/7/365. Get Started with CloudHost Today!!
Geeklog is a PHP/MySQL based application for managing dynamic web content. It is a blog engine, or a CMS with support for comments, trackbacks, multiple syndication formats, spam protection, and all the other vital features of such a system. Many web hosting companies “automatically install open source blogging applications like Geeklog” as part of their basic Web site packages. As such, it is one of the more popular choices for a Web-based Content Management System along with WordPress and Drupal.