After you get a webhosting account, and you have added an FTP account, you might want to delete an FTP account which is no more useful in your website. This process is very easy to all CloudHost Web Hosting customers when they buy any web hosting plan. The FTP Accounts table allows you to manage existing FTP accounts. After you register on CloudHost, to remove an FTP account, perform the following steps.
Below are the simple steps to remove an FTP Account:
- Login to your cPanel account through CloudHost. Click here to view how to access cPanel through CloudHost clientarea.
- In your cPanel account, click on FTP Accounts.
- Scroll down to your FTP Account Table.
- Click Delete for the FTP account that you wish to remove.
- Click the desired deletion option:
- Delete Account — Remove the FTP account only. This will not remove the files that the FTP account’s home directory contains.
- Delete Account and Files — Remove the FTP account and all of the files that the FTP account’s home directory contains.
NOTE: Only use this option with extreme caution. If
the FTP account that you delete can access the
this option automatically removes the
and all of its contents, which will break
- Click Delete to remove the account.
With the above easy steps, you can now remove an FTP account from your website’s files. If you have questions or more contributions to the above steps, please don’t hesitate to comment below and our support team will give you an immediate response/feedback.
CloudHost is the most reliable and supportive Shared Webhosting, VPS, Dedicated Server and Domain name registration Service provider, we provide you with various affordable Web & Email hosting solutions to power your applications, websites, Solutions and business. We offer Free Migration services and our servers are always up 24/7/365. Get Started with CloudHost Today!!